We believe rules are necessary in our school to enable children to learn in a calm and purposeful atmosphere, for teachers to teach, and to ensure the safety of all. We operate a positive behaviour policy which is based on mutual respect and adherence to our school standards:
- We know that there is a place for everything, and everything should be in its place.
- We respect the rights of others by:
(a) Treating their belongings with care
(b) Never going through their desks or bags
- We laugh with people and not at people
- We share our things, especially when they help the whole group.
- We realize that a person
(a) Puts up (with inconveniences)
(b) Owns up (if wrong)
(c) Keeps quiet (if his talk injures others)
- We follow the voice rule by
(a) Having “no voice” when someone else is talking
(b) Having a quiet voice during work periods, art periods, and committee meetings.
(c) Having a loud voice on the playground only.
- We never make fun of, or criticize the clothes, appearance, home, family, race, nationality or religion of other people.
- We may criticize the way they do or do not follow our school standards.
We know when the teacher says “My turn” it means “stop, look and listen”.
- When we exit from the classroom, we
(a) Keep our hands to ourselves
(b) Always control the volume of our voices
(c) Keep the rule of a polite society in mind about letting others go ahead.
- We greet every adult and each other we meet in a courteous manner.
- We do not run nor push each other on the corridor or stairs
- We never use foul languages
- We strive to remain neat and tidy throughout the school day.
- We put all refuse in the waste paper baskets
- We wash our hands after using the toilet.
- We practice the lessons and good manners we are taught at ethics and etiquette meetings.